Sunday 14 July 2024

My Portfolio Jun24

Summary For June 24











Portfolio @ End of Jun24














Jun24 doesn't feel like a good month to me and I thought my portfolio will register loss in the month before I did my monthly calculation.

Surprisingly it still manage to gain 3.5%.

This is because the good run in the first half of Jun24 was not totally undone by the bad second half.

Anyway, KLCI still lost 0.4%.

Overall, my YTD gain inched up to 39%.


I did not make any transaction in this month, mainly because I don't have many bullets left.

Perhaps I should have sold those non-performing ones.

Gtronic's share price shot up suddenly in early Jun and it manage to close the month with a superb 20% gain.

However, I only have little of its shares left.

All the 3 stocks in my core portfolio (EUPE, Fajar, TAS) registered 5-7% gain and they will certainly dictate the direction of my portfolio performance.


Hibiscus's chart has formed a waterfall since April, with its share price falling almost non-stop from RM2.80 to RM2.30.

This is despite a decent FY24Q3 result, Brent above USD80 and the assets acquisition from Total Energy. 

Has it already become a sunset industry?

I think that it's very very "cheap" but still hesitate to buy more of its shares.



Only Scientex released its quarter result in the month. Its FY24Q3 result was good and steady, with EPS of 8.41sen.

It also announced its highest ever interim dividend of 6sen (previously 5sen).

The highlight of Scientex is not about its financial results. It's the fact that it keeps on buying large tracts of lands for future property development.

It has already announced proposals to acquire lands at 4 locations in the first 6 months of 2024.

  • Feb24 - Muar (1,094 acres) for RM200mil
  • Mac24 - Kuala Selangor (826 acres) for RM335.7mil.
  • May24 - Nibong Tebal Penang (708 acres) for RM462.5mil
  • Jun24 - Pulai (350 acres) for RM381.4mil.

To spend so much on land acquisition and to pay higher dividend at the same time, the management must have foreseen excellent cashflow in the near future.


The first six months of year 2024 has definitely gone well for almost all stock matket investors including myself. 

The 39% portfolio gain in the first half is my best result since year 2017 which was 7 years ago.

Lets hope for a plain sailing until to end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment