- lack of experience
- lack of knowledge
- lack of concentration
- lack of patience
- lack of guidance
From the experience gathered so far, here are my DOs and DON'Ts in stock market investing.
- have an investment plan or strategy
- gain more knowledge continuously
- look for more good stocks continuously
- be patient
- be disciplined
- buy without research
- sell the good performing stock too early for small gain
- keep the loosing stock due to reluctance to realize loss
For me, it is not easy to sell these hopeless stocks that have been kept for quite some time at once. As a result, my rather "impressive" realized gain from stock market is suddenly eaten away by a big chunk.
So I have started a new page on my stock market investment journey from June 2013. I roughly screened through almost all the listed companies and selected a handful of them carefully to kick start my new look portfolio.