- Before buying the groupons, fill up an online inquiry form & send to groupon, stating preferred travel dates & number of travelers
- Awaiting reply from groupon
- Settle doubts and inquiries through emails with groupon staff
- If available travel dates are suitable, proceed to purchase groupon.
- Email groupon staff with attached proof of payment or purchase.
- Fill in a travelers detail form provided by groupon staff, with name, IC, passport number & expiry date, preferred room type & vegetarian meal etc.
- Groupon will book & pay for the Airasia air tickets, using your email.
- Log in Airasia website to manage your booking eg. baggage allowance, in-flight meals, pick-a-seat, and make payment.
- Apply Visas by yourself
- Local tour agent will contact or email you regarding the final itinerary, travel detail, contact & name of tour guide in China about one week before departure.
- Just board the plane and the tour guide will wait for you in the airport of your destination.
|Four Points Shanghai||宝龙喜来登||宝龙喜来登|
|Four Points Suzhou||威联豪生||威联豪生|
|Four Points Hangzhou||金马饭店||金马饭店|
However, this hotel is not in Shanghai and it is actually in Suzhou. So after we arrived at Pudong International Airport at the easternmost part of Shanghai, we traveled about 1.5 hours west to this hotel in Suzhou to rest & for breakfast. Then we traveled another 1.5 hours back to Shanghai and shortly after lunch we have to travel back to Suzhou. I would rather be given other hotel with more strategic location.
Breakfast were taken at hotels and we were provided lunch and dinner. As expected the meals were so-so with cheap stuff.
- Groupon x 2 = RM3476
- Air tickets & tour fees for 2 children = RM1576
- Airasia manage booking fees = RM759
- Compulsory "recommended" tour = RM1160
- Tippings & extra fees in China = RM605
- Visas & travel insurance & passports = RM1184
- Transport between Penang & KLIA2 = RM605
Compared to RM3000 per person to Taiwan I estimated earlier, it is a 50% saving.