Saturday, 7 March 2020

My Portfolio Feb20

Summary for February 2020

Numbers of stocks 12
Share Sold Frontken @ 2.35 (all)

PPHB @ 0.88 (all)

Latitude @ 2.73 (all)

Inari @ 1.56 (all)
Share Bought Geshen @ 0.43

Overall 2020
Portfolio Return Feb20 -10.40%
KLCI Return Feb20 -3.16%
Portfolio Return YTD20 -1.26%
KLCI Return YTD20 -6.68%

Stock Portfolio @ End of Feb20

Stocks Avg Jan20 Feb20 Div20 Feb20% Overall%
ADVENTA 0.58 0.745 0.590 7.0 -20.8 1.7
BJAUTO 1.92 1.85 1.78 2.75 -3.8 -7.3
DAYA 0.035 0.005 0.005
0.0 -85.7
DKSH 2.500 2.550 2.750
7.8 10.0
GESHEN 0.430

HIBISCUS 1.050 0.850 0.750
-11.8 -28.6
KRONO 0.76 0.785 0.635
-19.1 -16.4
LEONFB 0.505 0.430 0.390
-9.3 -22.8
MATRIX 1.42 1.91 1.94
1.6 36.6
NOTION 0.40 1.210 0.990
-18.2 147.5
PRLEXUS 1.15 0.715 0.710
-0.7 -38.3
SCIENTEX 2.735 9.05 9.00
-0.6 229.1

I have a list of stocks to kick out from my portfolio in Feb20. I decided to know their latest quarterly financial results first.

For some stocks, I hope to see better results so that I'll be able to dispose at higher price.

For some stocks, if the financial result does not "perform" up to expectation then I will sell.

In the end, only DKSH & Matrix posted good results. While Hibiscus & Notion didn't look too bad, the others were not quite up to expectation.

Amid the height of political turmoil & Covid19 fear, almost all stocks in my portfolio dropped as a result just like the companies are going bankrupt soon.

So I finally cleared a few stocks, but not in the way that I wanted to.

Those 4 stocks I cut in February (Frontken, PPHB, Latitude & Inari) were actually winning stocks, just that I earn less after the price dropped.

Frontken is one of the stock I wish to sell. The reason is I feel it is fully valued and has limited room to grow especially during this hard time. I was hoping for good FY19Q4 result so that I can sell at higher price. However, market didn't like the result although it's not too bad.

For PPHB, I was thinking to keep for few more days or weeks if the FY19Q4 results beat the previous quarter, and sell if it's not that good. So, it's obviously a sell for me but I didn't expect the share price to fall that much.

Inari & Latitude are a must sell to me, after holding them for so many years. Finally I manage to sell all, albeit at lower share price than initially hoped for.

For loss-making stocks such as Prolexus, LeonFB, Hibiscus & Krono, may be I should sell early but at current level, I feel that it's just too low for me to sell as I still have some faith in them.

Matrix, BAuto & DKSH have rather good dividend yield and the latter might still have room to grow. So I think they might be good to hold at this moment.

Adventa's latest result was not bad if there was no one-off items. Its hospital supply business is picking up though home dialysis business does not seem to make good progress.

Notion's operating PAT of RM5.2mil was not bad as well and I think I better hold until the bonus issue expected in April.

Scientex is the stock that I initially think I might hold for life, but now I guess no stocks are immune to be sold. 

I bought Geshen in anticipation of a turnaround in its business and earning, but it might need more time if it's affected by the virus.

Now we're going into the second week of March. Stock market fell further and the virus fear grows globally. I foresee tough months ahead and bad Q1 & Q2 financial results for most companies.

Am I pessimistic about the stock market now? Yes.

However, I'll still sell stocks even if there is no virus or political issue, as I already have a plan in place to trim my portfolio to less than 10 stocks first, with a target of maximum 5 stocks.

I still need to sell but looks like I'm a bit "stuck" now. 

Anyway, even with more cash on hands, I'll not simply buy as I feel that current issues might last longer than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment