Thursday 9 January 2020

It's Been Two Years...

It's been 2 years since I last wrote something in this blog. Yes, basically this blog has been abandoned.

I have been, temporarily I would say, out of stock market investment because of other commitment.

I didn't follow market news, I seldom look the the share price, and I rarely read any financial reports or annual reports even from the companies that I hold.

During the year of 2017 which was the time when I started to spend most of my time away from stock market, I just bought 3 stocks: Jaks, Prolexus & Stock X, and took profit on quite a few.

In 2018, which was my least active year in stock market, I still managed to buy one stock which proved to be the worst investment so far.

After CNY of 2019, I started to have a little bit of interest to be more involved in stock market. However, I found it quite hard to do so and didn't know how to start. I was lazy to read business news and study financial reports. It seems like I've got not enough time, or may be the interest was not strong enough.

I tried to revive this Bursa Dummy blog, but didn't know what to write. 

As we stepped into 2020, I suddenly got the interest to know how my portfolio has performed exactly in 2019, as I guess that it should be good.

So I spent a lot of time calculating my portfolio value at the end of each month from Jan 2018 to Dec 2019, including finding out all the dividends I received, which was quite painstaking.

Finally I got the results. Year 2018 was very bad as expected. You can see yourself from the stocks that I hold at the end of Dec 2017, and find out how much each and every stock has fallen apart, especially KESM.

Year 2019 was a good year with positive return, even though it is not as high as previous years.

In the next few days, I will write briefly on my portfolio return in both 2018 & 2019.

Yes! At least I have something more to write in this blog.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Finally get to hear from you again. Hope to hear more from you soon. Btw what is share X that you bought in 2017?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I didn't reveal it, it's a "troublesome" stock

      Delete
    2. because of government change?

      Delete
    3. No, I'll talk about this stock later

      Delete
  2. Hi BD, good to have you back! It is not easy to fulfill a commitment, good job.
    Relax, i think u did a great job, just updating the portfolio as usual is good enough. Market is never short of stories, or even investment philosophy and some experience sharing & thoughts can be a very interesting topic :)
    By the way, i did email you quite sometime ago, did you notice? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a stock market investment genius hiding behind the scene :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome Back, we miss you. Keep Writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just mentioned to my family chat group about you. Say that you are not active again this few years. Suddenly you are in active again. While I was first to have interest to start to understand the stock market few years back, your blog is the 1st blog I keep to read. It inspired me a lot. Thanks come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Wish you a successful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete