Friday, 18 September 2026

My Portfolio Aug26

 Summary of August 2026












Portfolio @ End of Aug26














KLCI stayed flat in Aug26 and my portfolio managed to register a small 0.5% gain, lifting the YTD gain a bit to 11.2%.

AAGB (AAX) was the main loser in the month in which it suffered a massive 24% drop from RM1.05 to RM0.795 in one month.

It continued to drop rapidly in Sep26 and plunged below 50sen, after the emergence of "rumour" that the government stepped in to ask its competitors to absorb its domestic routes.

This has forced Airasia's founder to break silence and reassure investors that AAGB is still in a good shape: "We are okay, we are sustainable".

Anyway, if the crude oil price remains elevated for a prolonged period of time, any good shape can quickly turn into bad shape.


Most of the time, once I identify a stock to invest in, I will divide my investment into 3 batches of purchase. 

The consolation for me is that I just bought the first batch of AAGB's shares.

Just 2-3 months ago, Brent oil price eased towards USD70/barrel. Most investors might think that the worst is over.

I have a plan to buy the second batch of AAGB shares at that time but I decided to wait and see first, as there were news that AAGB defaulted payment to suppliers.

Now the conflict in Middle East has escalated and Brent oil price has surged above USD100/barrel again.

Jet fuel has also climbed back to USD180/barrel which was AAGB's average in Q2 of FY26.

I think AAGB is really struggling now. It can't afford the high fuel price to last until the end of the year.

However, if the Brent oil price suddenly return to below USD80/barrel next month, AAGB's share price might quickly revisit RM1.


JHM was the "savior" of my portfolio in Aug26 as it rose 28%, thanks to an improved FY26Q2 financial result.

MI also helped my portfolio with a 10% gain in the month. Similar to AAGB, I have only bought the first batch of its shares and plan to add more.

After 5 months without buying any shares, I added Mclean to my portfolio. 

Mclean has just delivered a record high quarter revenue and net profit. It is the kind of small company which shows growth potential that I like.

The management seems to be very bullish on the company's growth and transformation through its expansion into the semiconductor sector.

I feel that Mclean has a huge potential in the next one year, but it is also not without risk as the potential slowdown in AI might drag the semiconductor sector into negative cycle.


My latest 4 new investment are Mclean, AAGB, Teoseng & MI. I only bought the first batch out of 3 batches for all of them.

I have a plan to buy the second batch of their shares. Which one should I add first?


No comments:

Post a Comment